Is your school district struggling to develop effective, consistent support and oversight of school leaders? Would you like to see the culture of your district driven by performance instead of compliance?
The Principal Supervisor Institute is a nationally recognized program for district leaders who supervise and support principals. The Institute brings together district leaders to engage with our expert practitioners in intensive, standards-based and experiential training. The program helps principal supervisors develop the skills to build principals' instructional leadership capacity and plan for and execute against their districts’ strategic goals.
Principal Supervisor Institute Overview
- Developing your vision to drive strategic change.
- Utilizing a systems thinking approach to integrate the Principal Supervisor role within your already demanding leadership role.
- Negotiating the political context of your position to make systematic change.
- Identifying and dismantiling inequitable practices and systems
- Reflecting on your processes to collect and organize data to be used as evidence to coach and evaluate principals.
- Implementing a clear, differentiated plan of support for principals.
The Institute is designed for both new and more experienced principal supervisors, and is a combination of in-person and on-line collaborative modules that focus on:
Principal Supervisor Institute Dates
Registration of this event requires participation in the full institute. Dates of the institute are as follows:
- April 7, 2017
- May 5, 2017
- June 8, 2017
- August 25, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- December 1, 2017
- February 2, 2018